The Global Humanity for Peace (GHfP) Institute was jointly launched by the University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) and the Guerrand-Hermès Foundation for Peace. It is located in the UWTSD’s Lampeter Campus, supported by global partners. The Institute carries forward a number of major international research programmes previously developed at the Guerrand-Hermès Foundation for Peace, and is embedded in an excellent research and teaching environment and learning community of the UWTSD.
The GHfP Institute seeks to engage in cutting-edge research aimed at new understanding, innovation, policy change, and social transformation. We will offer masters and doctoral courses and professional programmes in collective healing, health and well-being, social justice, conflict transformation, deep dialogue, positive peace, human-centred education, and community regeneration. The Institute focuses on the following:
- Fostering collective healing (including healing the wounds from past atrocities and the wounds of our planet), enriching community regeneration, and advancing social justice and global solidarity;
- Empowering youth leadership, nurturing youth transformative competences and providing professional development opportunities to facilitators of collective healing and community regeneration
- Harmonising holistic human well-being with our planet’s flourishing
- Supporting the development of governance processes that are values-based, dialogue-centred, and well-being sensitive
- Encouraging educational transformation and inspiring a culture of caring in educational institutions;
- Creating spaces for deep encounter, deep listening, and deep dialogue for engendering peacefulness and greater harmony amongst all that is